Tuesday, May 16, 2023

TRIO


This story happened at P-1 Libasan Nabunturan Compostela Valley Province before but it is change into Libasan Nabunturan Davao de Oro. Story happened specifically in my school, Libasa Elementary School that placed is the beginning of my elementary life with my two boy best friends. Way back in my elementary days at Libasan Nabunturan Davao de Oro, I was one of the students who didn't want to go to school, or should I say, I was too lazy to do that. Besides that, I'm a very shy kid who doesn't like to socialize with other people because I've been used to it since birth, scared of the teachers, and also had a traumatic experience of bullying when I was in kindergarten. Those are the reasons why I don't like to go to school, but I endured it and finished my kindergarten year. Another school year and I am in grade 1, but then again, I don't like schooling, like I'm not interested in learning. I guess I'm too young and don't know what schooling benefits me, and in the future, for me, I would rather stay in our house than go to school and socialize with other people. I dropped out for the same reason, and my parents understand me.
I'm in grade 1 again, but with new classmates. I changed a little bit in terms of my perspective on studying because at that time I knew why studying was very important to me. Every day I'm excited to go to school, compared to before, because my parents encourage me to do it. My grade 1 and 2 days pass by smoothly because I learned to enjoy and prioritize my studies. In my 3rd grade, I know that I don't have the closest classmates or even friends because of my personality. One day when our teacher is not able to attend our class, there is one teacher who wants us to sit in her class and learn from her, so we obey her. The teacher gives us a task to do, which is to read an English story. The teacher thought that I could not read, so she called Rainier July our first to teach me to read, even though I knew how to read. In the end, I didn't protest and I obey her. That day, me and July started to be close to each other and his friend Julie Mark (my cousin), but at that time I didn't know that we were related to each other. I have known them since grades 1 and 2 because they are my classmates, but we were not close back then, but the two boys are because they are neighbors, and I know we are in the same village but not in the same neighborhood. July is a shy type, kind, responsible, genius, athletic, and cautious one, while Julie Mark is jolly, talkative, kind, rich, and has a sense of humor. Our bond is getting stronger as the days pass and we become friends. We helped each other when one of us was in need. We share our secrets with each other, and when we have a fight, they say sorry to me and explain why they do that, and I forgive them. They didn't treat me badly because I am a girl, but they treated me otherwise, not like a princess but like an older sister because I'm one year old ahead of them. Our lives in grades 3-5 are going very fast, but our friendship is getting much stronger.

One day when lunch time me and my two best friends decided to eat for our lunch, we immediately launched into a lively conversation about plans for the upcoming weekend. " Guys in weekend we go to the lake and do fishing." July said. Me " Sure, I'll go. I can't wait that to happen." Julie Mark nodded and say " I'm in!." and added " hey guys we should try to ride the bamboo boat." I couldn't help but chuckle at their contrasting personalities. July was the cautious one, always concerned about the consequences of his actions, while Julie Mark was more of a risk taker, always looking for an adrenaline rush. The conversation then shifted to our academic pursuits, and we discussed our favorite subjects and the challenges we faced in certain classes. As we finished our lunch and headed back to class, I couldn't help but feel grateful for having such supportive friends. They always made me feel like I could achieve anything and were always there to listen to me, whether I wanted to vent my frustrations or share my successes. I realized that these lunchtime conversations were not just a casual chitchat but an important bonding experience that strengthened our friendship and helped us navigate the challenges of elementary together.

In my last year in elementary life, I know this is the most emotional and memorable year of my life . Emotional because I know our friendship will not be what it is as soon as we parted our ways to pursue our High School journey or we remain the same. Memorable because of my sad and happy memories that I had been experienced . The symbols of our friendship is the heart and the triquetra are two symbols that represent the love and interconnectedness shared by trio friends. These symbols signify the strength and value of the bond formed between the trio, emphasizing their commitment to each other and to their goals. Symbols such as these communicate important messages of loyalty and friendship, and by using them, trio friends display their willingness to support and care for each other on the shared journey of life. 

In the present time, when our high school lives started, we smoothly made our own paths without each other's presence and made new groups of friends, but when it comes to our friendship, now it is getting faded. When we meet, we casually greet each other; it is not like before. Even though we are not close now, I am very truly thankful because of them. Because of them, I had a memorable elementary life that I will treasure forever. Our friendship is like a shooting star that lights up our lives for just a moment. Shooting stars are a beautiful and rare sight to see, and they can illuminate the sky for just a brief moment before they disappear into the abyss.


1 comment:

Heart of the Valley

Nabunturan is a beautiful town located in the province of Davao de Oro in the Philippines. It is a hidden gem that is often over...